Re: Question on H.Kathryn Lewis

  • Subject: Re: Question on H.Kathryn Lewis
  • From: LemkeIowa@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:25:49 EST

In a message dated 1/18/02 4:09:47 PM, njhosta@hotmail.com writes:

<< Hi Mike,

           Looks like everybody's leaping first today. The photo attached is

of the plant I saw at Chelsea on the Bowden's stand. If you magnify it a

little, you can clearly read that it says 'Kathryn Lewis' on the label. A

visit to the Bowdens' website found it spelled 'Katherine Lewis' and

described as a 'Halcyon' sport. It's clearly the same plant, so I have to

confess my information on it may out-of-date. Perhaps Roger can set us all

straight if he sees this. The original description had it as the sport of a

seedling of 'Halcyon', but that may have been that wrong as well. There

certainly seems to be a mistake somewhere.

Bill:

Roger took me to task on this one with a direct e-mail to me advising me that
I had Listed Carol Lewis as the introducer and that was in error.  He says it
was Allan Lewis and then gave the correct spelling of the name of Katherine.
I trust he will stand by his statement.

Someone told me one time, perhaps it was the dear old grandmother, that one
should only believe a part of what he reads and one half of what he hears.
Collecting data for a data base is like working in a jungle.  You never know
what lurks behind the next tree of knowledge.

So we will keep on chicken,

Lemke's Hosta Database