Re: Discussion on 'Halcyon' is the parent of both 'June' and 'Katheryn Lewis'.

  • Subject: Re: Discussion on 'Halcyon' is the parent of both 'June' and 'Katheryn Lewis'.
  • From: JSchw94560@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 00:24:27 EST

Hi All,

Just came back from a the GREAT Scientific Meeting weekend in Chicago.

Mark Zilis gave his talk on the Hosta 'Halcyon' and its relatives.

Here is his thoughts on the subject.

Subj:    Re: Discussion on 'Halcyon' is the parent of both 'June' and
'Katheryn Lewis'.
Date:   1/20/2002 10:44:06 PM Central Standard Time
From:    Mark Zilis

    I suspect that this is another sport out of 'Halcyon', not 'June'. I did
not include it in my talk this weekend, due to it not being registered and
not showing up in my database searches. Tony Avent's 2001 catalog lists this
as being from 'Halcyon', while Marco Fransen's catalog (in Dutch) describes
this plant in his catalog but does not describe its origin. These catalogs
and other references have it spelled "Kathryn Lewis".

Thank you,
Jim Schwarz

web site: http://<A HREF="www.Jimshostas.com">www.JimsHostas.com</A>
Jim's Hostas
11676 Robin Hood Dr.
Dubuque, IA  52001-9506

 One of the Volunteers at the <A HREF="dbq.com/arboretum/">Dubuque Arboretum
and Botanical Gardens</A>