Message From Warren Pollock

  • Subject: Message From Warren Pollock
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:12:45 -0500

         Dr. Warren Pollock has asked me to post the following message in response to Dr. Zonneveld's post of this morning. Warren is not a member, but wished to be heard here as this post concerned him.
From Dr. Zonneveld:
The same silence was met with my article on chimeras and polyploids of spring 2000.
It is mentioned now by Pollock ( 2002 !), however without any
details were it can be found. What is it, that make people so weary
even just to mention that such articles exist? Or is this another
indication that article 2 of the Bylaws speaking about ""fostering of
Hosta knowledge"" should be changed?
Or is this a case as in the old days were the plant owners wanted
to keep their laborers ignorant?
For those that are interested:
1 Flow cytormetric measurements of DNA content in Hosta reveals
ploidy chimeras. in : Euphytica 111, page 105-110 ( 2000)
Message from Warren Pollock:

What the devil is Ben Zonneveld talking about?  I mention his highly interesting paper on polyploidy by its full title and where it was published in my item titled "Diploids, Triploids and Tetraploids;..." that's in the article "This and That: 2001" in the  Fall 2001 (Vol. 32, No. 2) issue of "The Hosta Journal."  It's on page 80, left column, 4th full paragraph starting with "Lois Girton then mentioned...."  I even briefly relate some of this most interesting article's findings.

If Dr. Zonneveld pointed a smoking gun at me, I think I deserve an official, open-forum apology from him.

Warren Pollock