Q &A for THJ

  • Subject: Q &A for THJ
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 08:08:55 -0500

Dear Hosta Brethren:

 There is now a brief window between transplanting hosta seedlings,planning
for winter events, dreams of First Look, Dreams of the National Hosta
Convention, Winter classes, ordering new plants, looking at the garden
catalogues , shoveling snow, preparing income taxes, and giving up on your
new year's resolutions. This is a narrow window indeed,  and  Bobbi Diehl
and I would like to take advantage of it. We are working on the Q and A
section of THJ and are well aware that we need help (3 ISSUES A YEAR NOW) .

We are looking for good questions which would benefit the average reader of
THJ. That simple. Many of you on the robins have a lot of experience and
are experts. . But at the moment we want you to consider the kind of
question that troubled you when you were first starting out. The kind of
question that noboddy ever seemed to answer, because you were afraid to ask
it.... because: 1. You thought it was too dumb., 2. Everybody else knew
and they weren't sharing 3. or you simply couldn't find the words to say
what you needed to ask.

 I am sure that there are other categories too.  Right now its the
questions. Later we will be asking for answers. Let your mind wonder over
the thousands of possibilities and then share ...please. If the area is too
gigantic, consider the following theme: WHAT ARE THOSE MYTHS ABOUT HOSTAS
THAT CONTINUE TO BEDEVIL THE AVERAGE GARDENER? IS THERE CONVENTIONAL WISDOM
OUT THERE THAT DISTORTS VITAL INFORMATION AND SENDS PEOPLE OVER TO THE DARK
SIDE OF RAISING DAYLILIES? LET US KNOW.

Well...... you get the idea. All questions will be gratefully
received...openly or privately.    Send you questions to Bobbi Diehl
(diehlr@indiana.edu) or to me (gw1944@vermontel.net) Glen Williams. Or
better yet put them out there for all to coment on.  Thanks Glen Williams

"....Numb nudges in cold dimensions...toads brooding in a well.." Roethke
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
05156