Re: Q &A for THJ

  • Subject: Re: Q &A for THJ
  • From: DFHardt@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 11:38:46 -0500

Glen
I hope all is well in Springfield.You've been getting alot of snow,according to the weather channel.
I just got back from the greenhouse. I starting some hosta seed that you and Roy gave me. I should see some germination in a couple of weeks.
Now for a question that has puzzled me for the last couple of years.
When starting the hostas from seed,I find the White Fly on them. But closer abservation,they go into the soil. Do they attack the seedling roots as some say or do they just eat the nutrients in the soil. Are they harmful to the seedlings? If so, what methods are the best to eliminate those unwelcomed insects?I would love to know the answer ,because I have heard several therories  about them
Stay in touch and I'll keep you up to date on there progress
Dave
Dave Hardt
3 BA Drive
Carver, MA 02330