Um, klez again?

Dear hearts and gentle people, since the hosta-open list evidently rose from
the dead with a barrage of posts, I have been hammered with 11 virus attacks
today alone.  I suppose that someone has been infected without knowing it,
and I have been keeping Peter Norton busy as a goalie all day.

It is the W32.Klez.H@mm, and it comes in many guises and many extensions.
The last virus attack I got was Dec. 26 and that was Bugbear and an isolated
incident.  I noticed yesterday or the day before some list member wrote
saying he didn't send the gibberish post to the list, which leads me to
believe the ghost walks among us.  There is a cure for rooting out the Klez
worm or virus or whatever it is and it may be downloaded on the Symantec
site.  Probably on McAfee as well.

I was bemused to learn that someone is trying to peddle hosta seeds from
plants he or she doesn't have on eBay.  Here I thought I was just planting a
nice perennial that would perform year after year and be a grand addition to
my modest garden and all of a sudden there's a black market in hostas.

I don't post much here because I never have answers, only questions, and I
don't like to test your patience too much.  But evidently it's enough to get
on a cycle of inadvertent virus dissemination by perfectly innocent people.
I'm safe, with my bristly and aggressive virus slayer, but not everyone is.

Ann James
Conroe, Texas, Zone 8