Re: Pictures of Hosta doing poorly

Well, obviously I would never imply that you might be turning into a sensationalist, muckraking journalist, so I assume that there is good reason to include a plant like 'Big Daddy', which has always been one of my favorite hostas. I've been growing it, and some of the others on the list, for 20 years or more (since I was 7 years old) and aside from its being slow, I've never had a complaint.
If the problems are widespread and serious, that's legitimate, but if it got on your list because a couple people had a problem with it or can't wait for it to grow, I think you might be doing a good plant a disservice by including it. Obviously it depends on how you write your article, and if you make clear that these are plants that you personally don't like then I guess there's nothing wront with that. But on the other hand, I suspect that more people will remember that the plant was on the list than will consider that some of us are surprised to see it there.

Giboshiman@aol.com wrote:

The article has a section entitled "Notable Surprises" which discusses this phenomenon -- for example, 8 of the Top 25 Pop Poll hostas are also on this list!