Re: Change in registered cultivar name

In a message dated 1/17/1999 7:16:32 PM Central Standard Time, Gokamp@aol.com
writes:

<< We registered H. Magna Cum Laude' in 1998.  The registration was rescinded
 because, "Latin words or words that are considered Latin, and thus are liable
 to cause confusion, may not be used unless they are the classical name of an
 ancient Roman person, or place".  The new registered name is H. 'People's
 Choice'. >>

Too bad, Gayle. I really liked the name Magna Cum Laude. I'd think that
everyone is familiar with that designation, so I don't know why it would cause
confusion.
Why not change the name to 'Highest Honor'? OR better yet, name it after your
wife!
I don't think 'Peoples Choice' is catchy enough. What about 'Londonium'? Or
'Romulus and Remus'? 'Et Tu Brute'? 'Little Caesar'?

Clyde Crockett
z5