Re: Change in registered cultivar name

In a message dated 20/01/99 23:47:53 GMT, you write:

<<  Someone came on to say that Little Ceasar was going
 to be used.  I understand that you cannot reserve a name.  I don't know why
 one would want to name a hosta (and go through all that trouble of checking
 for bloom, color and all the other things) with a name of some nursery' s
 usual name.
 	I just wanted to clarify the matter.  Appreciate.
 	Gayle >>

Hi Gayle,

I was the one who posted about the name 'Little Ceasar'.  Please allow me to
eloborate on what I had previously posted.

During the course of the year, I visit Sandra Bond at her hosta nusery in
Suffolk, England many times. On one of my visits this past summer, Sandra
showed me a great little plant that she was preparing to introduce and I
pressume register sooner or later ( I would guess sooner, what with the new
AHS policy). Anyway, Sandra told me the name would be 'Little Ceasar'. I
suspect that living out in that little villlage in Suffolk, Sandra has never
heard of a nursery in the states with the words Little Ceasar or Ceasar in its
name, I would bet if she had of, this plant would likely have been given a
different name.

Please could you tell me more about the nursery and its name and i'll pass it
on to Sandra.

Glen Pether