More about 'Little Ceasar'

After I wrote my last message, I called Sandra Bond to have a quick chat about
H.'Little Ceasar' and to find out why/how it had been given this name.

The hosta itself, was a young seedling raised by Dick Ward, who gave it to Ian
Chrystal when he was visiting the states a few years ago.  Ian bought it back
here to England and after growing it on for sometime, took it to Sandra Bond.
Both Ian, Sandra and others who saw the plant thought it was more than worthy
of introduction.

Ian had kept the original label that was written by Dick Ward, he had labelled
the original seedling as 'BC 56' .  Ian suggested the name 'Little Ceasar', as
apparently BC 56 was the period in which Julius Ceasar was emperor in Rome.
Dick Ward was contacted and told that his seedling had turned out to be a good
plant and was told about the name 'little Ceasar'. Dick Ward agreed that this
was a suitable name as the place where he lives has some kind of connection to
Al Capone, who was known as little Ceasar.

So, for those of you who are still awake, that how this plant got its name.

Glen UK