Hosta markers

In my anticipation of the coming of spring (it must be coming - I've been in
several stores in the past week and they all have the gardening tools and seed
racks set up) I decided to take a stroll thru my hosta garden just to kind of
reminisce and wonder how my hostas will do in their second year compared to
their first... Anyway, I noticed that the plant markers were getting harder to
read due to the deterioration of the writing..  I have been using the
horticultural pencil with the metal markers, but they don't last - and
permanent ink pens last even shorter time.. So now I'm wondering what you all
use and have found to last at least several seasons.  I went through my garden
last fall and re-wrote the names on the markers hoping they'd last till spring
but I'm not sure all of them will be ledgible..

I saw some beautiful markers in the Shady Oaks catalog - the engraved ones -
but me thinkls they are a little too pricey for me - OK - a lot pricy - unless
I totally swear off buying plants this year..

Thanks for any ideas you have (unless you keep them to yourself !)