Re: Tattoo and Embroidery

Anne Kolaczyk wrote:
I bit the bullet big time and am getting these two plants. Of course when anyone discussed what type of setting these plants liked, I wasn't paying attention.

Anne

Hi, Anne: Here's what I found.

H. hypoleuca 'Embroidery' (Paul Aden, NR): Part sun to light shade, small clump to 20" wide, shiny green leaf that emerges a creamy white in spring with exaggerated stitching on leaf edges (ruffled stiching fades in warm weather), becomes shiny light green in warm weather. Lavender flowers. Rumored to be the result of radiation of seeds.
H. 'Tattoo' (Tony Avent, 1998, PPAF): Part sun to light shade, 10" high x 18" wide. Sport of 'Little Aurora'. Small rounded bright gold leaves with a wide green border and a dark green maple leaf "tattoo" in the leaf center. Lavender flowers.

Kris ;<)

--
Kristi A. Groberg, Ph.D.
kgroberg@fargocity.com

"My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am."