Re: Hosta Names

I would like to try this again.  As I re-read the original message I sent
(below) it sounds a bit nasty and that is not at all what was intended so I
hope I have not offended anyone.

Now............I purchased, many years ago, a hosta called Frosted Jade.
Only in the last few years did I realize that I did not have FJ.  It was
only after many visits to many different gardens did I realize what I had
purchased was in fact either Francee or Green Gold.  I certainly do not have
the answers everyone is seeking but my opinion is that if you visit enough
gardens and compare enough hostas, one might get those look-alikes
straightened out.  It is very unfortunate that names and hostas get mixed
up.  I don't believe there is any one solution except to buy from someone
reputable and hope they don't have employees that tend to dig the wrong
plant or get orders mixed up.    SINCERELY,  BETH ARNOLD