Re: Pure tetraploid salmon.

  • Subject: Re: Pure tetraploid salmon.
  • From: Alex Waterhouse-Hayward <alexwh@wimsey.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 11:50:41 -0400

At 06:28 AM 7/3/01 EDT, NardaA@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 7/2/01 10:57:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>alexwh@wimsey.com writes:
><< As the biologist told me, " Who would want
> to look at these at the dinner table?"
>  >>
>Alex, you are joshing, right?  N.

The German born Canadian biologist I was talking to was too serious to have
been joking. He did mention the tetraploid salmon. Of course in my
imagination I wonder if someone somewhere isn't fiddling with the idea of
human tetraploids. Would they be real supermen (persons)?