Re: Soil ammending

  • Subject: Re: Soil ammending
  • From: EntICE11@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 09:36:26 EDT

My 2 cents...
I have used the plastic pots and am finding in the area where roots are a
problem, if I use something like the pots, the hostas are huge.
I have yet to try the agro bags, but they would be better than the wire
baskets because the roots can get through the wire.
And yes I have been fighting the root thing since day one, and am about to go
to a roto tiller. I don't care if those darn poplars bite the dust at this
I do find it wild that some hostas don't care about the root competition and
are doing just fine. Huge even..maybe a bit slower growing, but once they
catch on..they take off.