Re: Soil ammending

  • Subject: Re: Soil ammending
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 10:34:38 EDT

In a message dated 7/7/01 9:38:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time, EntICE11@aol.com

<< I have used the plastic pots and am finding in the area where roots are a
 problem, if I use something like the pots, the hostas are huge.
I am finding the same thing but the bags do work better.  I am trying to
slowly move the common stuff into pots or bags under the birches and they
more rare and expensive to beds that have no roots for competition.

A friend of mine says that if you use extra fertilizer and plant established
plants and water lots the hostas will be fine.  Truth is the trees are fine
too because they just become more aggressive.  N.

Get your oaks yet?