Re: dirty jokes on the open

  • Subject: Re: dirty jokes on the open
  • From: "Lu Treadway" <Hostanut@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 12:10:24 -0400

I've said something before, and I'll say it again. I would very
much appreciate it if Jim would stop sending ANY kind of jokes to
this list server. If I would have wanted to sign up for a joke
email group, I would have done so.

I don't have small children at home. I do however use my computer
at work and would be greatly embarrassed if anyone ever saw
what is sent out by Jim. The rating system is not the answer, who
wants to get an email titled R rated, or X rated? That's just as

I've been told to just ignore him and delete. Why should "I" be
the one inconvenienced? Did I sign up for this kind of material?
NO! I signed up for hosta talk.

Now, it seems that if people don't want to receive jokes on a
hosta forum, we should be able to ask him to stop. If he wants to
send out jokes, then start a hosta joke group. If he offends just
ONE person, it's enough to stop the behavior.

Jim, if you can't stop sending them, I suggest you find another
group. It is really that simple.

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)