Re: Top 10 hostas

  • Subject: Re: Top 10 hostas
  • From: Linda <falkora@smig.net>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 21:49:12 -0500

My top two distinctive favorites are easy:  Guacamole (I can't
believe no one else mentioned this one!!) and Sagae.
Then I couldn't narrow it down to only 8 more, here are 9 more:
Montana aureomarginata
Sum & Substance
Whirlwind
June
Great Expectations
Spring Lace (not well known, I don't think, but this one is vigorous,
ruffled leaves. oodles of purple striped, fragrant flowers, beautiful
small mound)
Sparkling Burgundy
Sieboldiana elegans
Abiqua Drinking Cup
and a new one in my garden, first year to emerge, is Ming Treasure.
I have a feeling this one will be extra extra special by next year!

Linda Kofstad