Re: Breeders' Rights

I wonder how they come up with those prices.  I know they do a survey, because they keep bugging us every year to fill ours out and send it in.  But I wonder what the numbers represent.  Obviously Walmart and Home Depot don't pay anything for their plants cause they sell crap and plenty of it.  Since the mass marketers sell far more cheap hostas than the decent garden centers sell good hostas, does that bring the price down?

I can't understand why the price would be higher here in Maryland than in New York and more than double Virginia, which is right next door.  That makes me wonder how much stock we should put in them.

Robydub@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 7/19/2001 6:43:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,