Re: Colinear Hoe

  • Subject: Re: Colinear Hoe
  • From: "Sarah Jayne" <SarahJayne@attbi.com>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 23:10:10 -0400

Hi Glenn,

I think you will really like the colinear hoe if you do purchase one. I have
used one (the same one with its original blade) for about six years. I keep
a small flat file (medium-fine) with a wooden handle with me whenever I use
the hoe. The blade needs to be sharpened to a razor edge frequently, but
less often if you catch the weeds as seedlings in a rock-free soil.

Eliot Coleman designed the hoe and expounds upon its virtues in "The New
Organic Grower".  In addition to Johnny's, the hoe is available through
Peaceful Valley Farm Supply at www.groworganic.com. Handle is $13.95 and
blade is $5.95.  It is true that hoeing with it is not the arduous task that
the traditional hoe brings to mind.

Very best wishes,