Re: Not for Sale

  • Subject: Re: Not for Sale
  • From: Alttara Scheer <alttara@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:33:24 -0400

I have one Cherry Berry that is a total dud. Moved it and everything, no luck. Would not grow, and the only new leaves it put up were all green, and even with half the plant being green, it does not grow. Than I bought another one, which has grown nicely, and is gorgeous. The first is still a dud.

Sea Thunder has done OK for me, not horribly, not fabulously.

Maui Buttercups is growing quite quickly for me, but it's got some burnt areas on the margin. Then again, it does get a fair amount of mid-day sun.

Island Charm grows ok for me, too, but it's showing some instability now, in it's 2nd year in my garden. Some leaves are half green.

Fair Maiden isn't a fast grower, but does come up bigger every year. Unfortunately the slugs are pretty enthusiastic about it.

GE grows as fast for me, as any other sieboldiana.

Mostly Ghostly came up nicely, looked good and held it's pale color and leaves for over a month, then started to burn out and get slugged upon. I removed damaged leaves to the point where the plant was about 1/4 it's emergence size, but the new (and greener) foliage, once it started to come out, has been quite vigorous, and it's bigger now then when it emerged. (note to self-take new pic for library, to show progression.)

-a.