Re: Hosta trip

  • Subject: Re: Hosta trip
  • From: "Ran Lydell" <ranbl@netsync.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:51:23 -0400

Three hardy souls from Western NY ( Carolyn Shaffner, Rachiel Martin & Ran
Lydell)  Drove , in a beautiful morning rain, to Syracuse NY.  We were there
to visit Kent Terpning and tour his garden.  What a beautiful garden!  If
you haven't had the oppertunity, It should be on your "list"  Packed with
beautifully grown and many rare hostas ( and a lot of other neat plants)
Therr hours went by all to fast.  We also had a chance to see the garden of
Dr. Steve Chamberlin.  Huge specimens of both rare and common hostas are
combined in his large garden which gos from a full sun forward area, to deep
woods in the rear.  Wonderfull day, with special folks and their gardens