Re: Hosta 'Cathy's Clown'

  • Subject: Re: Hosta 'Cathy's Clown'
  • From: michael shelton <wilddog_202@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:32:42 -0700 (PDT)

Chick there are some ways to protect your real and
intellectual property and you already know what they
are but your unwilling to jump through the hoops. Yet,
you want it to work the way you want it to work. Don't
take this as unsympathic but all this discussion leads
to nothing unless you follow the legal remedies to get
what you want.

There is 1 way to keep control of the plant which is a
patent. The other way is a trademark which may help
you keep control of the name.

Your gripe has no weight except to throw dirt on
someone who has done nothing but buy a plant called
'Cathy's Clown" and sell a plant called 'Cathy Clown'.
You have not established any ownership in the plant or
the name that they sold nor do you have any legal
rights to the plant they have (whatever it is).

There are laws to protect your rights and you haven't
availed yourself of them yet you want to gripe. Buyer
beware, seller beware, owner beware. Housewares is
where the money is. I have a houseware I call a knife,
great little invention. You can cut bread, meat, your
finger. As soon as i get it out of the lab i'll be
rich. If someone tries to sell you something called a
knife, don't buy it its my mine.