Hosta Virus X Epidemic - Please Read!!!!!!

  • Subject: Hosta Virus X Epidemic - Please Read!!!!!!
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:48:15 -0400

Hi Everyone,
      For a while now I've been warning about picking up any of the green
blotched 'Gold Standard', 'Sum and Substance'. and other plants that have been
turning up everywhere for the last three years. I had a chance today to get a
little caught up on reading, and stopped by the Hallson Forums to see what
they were talking about over there. One of the first things that caught my eye
was the extensive discussions about Hosta Virus X seen here:

      It seems that Chris Wilson has been getting some plants like the ones I
warned about in and has been coping with them in his nursery. The culprit
seems to be Hosta Virus X in all the leaves he sent for testing. So, once
again, don't bring these plants into your garden.
      I saw in a post there that Fine Gardening ran an article on Hosta Virus
X in their May/June 2004 issue. Does anyone have it? If so, could you scan the
article for all of us to read here?
                                                   .......Bill Meyer