RE: new introductions

  • Subject: RE: new introductions
  • From: ranbl@netsync.net
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:34:09 -0400 (EDT)

You an Butch may consider yourselves unique, but I find most gardeners
want fairly instant success.  That is fine.  I want the same thing.  I
expect to get that whan I buy a "new" hosta!  Any issues surrounding
time questions, however are best addressed to those introducing new
plants.  There are plenty to chose from ) both hostas and other's) and
the question is are they all they can be?  That will eventually be
resolved by the buyer, but I think it is unethical for any plant that
has not been grown to reasonable maturity, ( with hostas that is not
less than 4 years and usually more)to be offered to the general public.
That definatly includes placing them in TC as that simply promotes the
problem.  No one needs a plant badly enough to be "stuck" with an
plant they have paid their good money for.
I'm sticken to my guns "test your new plants throughly before selling
Ran Lydell
Eagle Bay Gardens
10749 Bennett Rd
Dunkirk, NY 14048