Re: Streaked Scapes

Jim Hawes wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> Coming out of a lurk position
> Ran then stated "Mark Zilis (who originated Little White Lines) says it
> is definitely NOT a venusta. Striker is from plants that were tc'ed as
> venusta."
> My apologies, Ran,but I don't understand what "it" refers to...Little
> White Lines? Striker? plants that were tc'ed as venusta? venusta?I'm
> confused. But I am getting off my track of reasoning.
> JimIt here (in the same sentence as Little White Lines, refers to Little
White lines.  As for Striker, Pete Ruh, bought venusta from the old Q & Z
nursery a long time ago.  This plant was from a venusta that may not have
"typical" foliage form.  The bloom, however, "keys" out as definatly
venusta.  In 1990, I obtained a large volume of this "stock" from Pete.
We immediatly noiticed verious streaked patterns showing in a few of the
plants.  I have managed over the years to find one that holds the white
edge. That is Striker. It is, as far as I am concerned, a white edged
venusta type.  Occasionally one of these plants will have the white
streak to the center of the leaf, and produce white streaks on the
leaves.  I have several nice seedlings from these.