Re: blight????

   What you describe sounds more like a scorching problem than a disease to
Here in Northern Virginia and surrounding areas, we have been experiencing a
severe drought --- right now we are about 12" behind for the year.  Over the
past few days our temperatures have exceeded 100 degrees each day and the
humidity has been extreme.  Even with heavy watering, many plants have burned
during the past three days.

   I think the problem is two-fold --- even with heavy watering and high
humidity, water is draining quickly because our water table is so low AND
with such strong sun and high temperatures, the plants simply cannot take up
enough water (and at a fast enough rate) to prevent the burning.

   If the leaves are still firmly attached to the crown and there is no nasty
smell around the base of the plant, then I think your plants are getting a
little fried and will suffer no long term effects.

Sandie Markland
Lorton, Virginia
Zone 7