Re: New plants

I don't find it really necessary to cut off scapes on new plants.  If the
plants are well developed and well rooted mature divisions or 2-3 year old
plants from Tissue Culture, I let them bloom. Many don't set seed so no big
deal. But if I purchase young plants. I like to remove the scapes to really
put energy into the formation of roots. People like to cut off the scapes
just because all they care about is foliage, but I always enjoy the blooms.
If you want to go ahead, but if they're good size, well rooted plants, it's
not necessary.

Hope this helps!