Re: Hosta Budget and hosta mapping

>I do keep a database of the plants I own. I use Claris Works. Fields are Name,
>introducer + year, average value, brief description, flower color and where +
>when purchased.
>Ray W z5
>Mentor, Ohio

this brings up another very interesting phenomenon when us hostaphiles
start accumulating large numbers of hosta.  I had trouble with losing some
labels last year (we use a big leaf blower for the fall leaves and it's
inevitable) and while I am making some copper hosta tags for the main
collection, I always have tons that have plastic labels.  I think that it's
starting to get rather difficult to keep track of them all, so I am going
to make some yard "maps" in Canvas and have a little physical map of where
everything is.  I can't tell you the grief this past spring I experienced
when I could n't id everything!

Stacy Holtzman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Bloomington, Indiana Z5b