Re: trying hosta from seeds

At 07:23 AM 7/13/99 -0500, Bobby Axemear wrote:  "Bill Nash has seed I am sure.
>Bob"<<----- hey "I wannnabe Bobby's Girl? -->>GUY!"  <joking & LOL> ...U been a peeping Tom over my shoulder er what <lol again> ..AND u wanna believe I got seed!  Doctor Ralph Benedict wrote me years ago, that hosta seed stored "frozen" will remain germination-viable for 25 years, so ah'z testing his hypothesis.  BTW ...I store hosta seed in "frozen state" (andhey ..move over Walt Disney?) and this, in full quart preserving jars, and so far, five year old seed germination trials, are sprouting better than the seed did when it was fresh?

In conclusion... anyone here wanting to learn how to grow seed and/or wanting to learn how to get into hybridizing and/or wanting to find that particular 'Breeding Parent' they are seeking? and/or do any kind of hosta'cussin horse-trading they like/choose? -- can do so! ..by going to the following URL and simply asking for what they want?  A totally non-profit; unrestrictive (no rules?) and simply stated, a very NISE group.... If interested cruise the Web Site below & signon/subscribe?

Miss Lucy Canon

email: "William Nash" <raffi@sympatico.ca>
Personal Website URL = http://www3.sympatico.ca/raffi/