anything goes

OK grandpa Bill,
     See if I can get some help with this one.  My hosta garden needs help.
The Virginia summers are becoming "dryer" every year.  I have finally
decided to put in some type of irrigation system.  Nothing expensive or
elaborate(remember the kids have to go to college, one in about a year).
This is what I am working on and any suggestions, etc.. to help me in
planning will be greatly appreciated.  You can email me personally if you
prefer.  Bill, do you have a paper on this?  I have started a notebook with
all your information.  Back to the subject, I have a pond located at the
bottom of my property about 300 to 400 ft. away( would have to be pumped
uphill).  what type of pump, what horsepower, electric or gas,soaker, or
overhead?????????So many questions and not many "garden" people to ask
around here.  Thanks
Judy, zone 7, central Virginia(I know Richmond is "wet" but we are in a
serious drought)