Re: anything goes

Grandaughter Jude <g>
                                I hate to say this, but I'm at a loss to solve your drought problem and have no papers to send to fix this dilemma.  How bout I quote Alex Summers, for some comedy here -e.g.- when I visited Mr. Summers a  few summers ago, he said "U know? ..it never rains in a drought!" LOL
                   If u want my personal opinion Jude, I'd forget about running a pump to push water 400 feet uphill to your hosta patch.  Counting the pump, hosing & sprinkling system plus miscellaneous supplies, that would run into quite a bit of money ..save it for the kids college funding instead?  It would probably be easier, to move your preferred hostas, down to that pond area, dig a ditch to run water to them when needed, with maybe a opening and closing dam kind of setup, er pipe (what have you?).  In any case, the hostas will shut down growing for a little while, when drought occurs; and no doubt will be fine, when rains start up again in late summer.
                   I hate to suggest this, but what is wrong with using your main house water supply ..or is drinking that water? ...more precious than giving drinks to ornamental flowers?
                   Again Jude? ..sorry I don't know how to solve your irrigation question for help, but if you like, I can send you a couple of native Canadian Indians, to make rain dance for you?  U likely, still not see any rain, but you'll have a heck of time dancing around their bonefire wit them ...singin "wumpum wumpum wumpum"

just be happy
                  ...yer toes still wiggles ..right?

yer gramps in Canada
-- regarding: