Re: [hostapix] Re: Sun Tolerant

Thought it might be helpful (maybe not?) to point out that 4 hours of
afternoon sun in Minnesota or Michigan is different than 4 hours in
Tennessee and furthur south.

In my sunny spot (which gets about 4 hours) the only plants that have
thrived are the Plantaginea clan..S&S planted here is stressed, starting to
look bleached and by Mid-July will have burned areas. It's sister is under
a dogwood, gets morning sun (just a couple of hours, and dappled shade the
rest of the day), is larger than the sun planted one and looks great!

Gerry (who is STILL Journal-less! WAH!!!)