library finances

Hi Bob--For my benefit, and perhaps others, would you mind explaining how the financing of the internet sites works.  I am only vaguely aware of what it costs to have a site such as the library.  If more of us understand the money aspects of things, perhaps there will be better ideas on generating the necessary funds.
Hank Zumach
Stoddard, WI
zone 4B