Re: new hosta at Walmart

  • Subject: Re: new hosta at Walmart
  • From: Stacy Holtzman <sholtzma@bio.indiana.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:12:03 -0500

> My Walmart has a shipment of new "collector series" hosta
> Decent size, decent price, $10, pots of
> Choo Choo Train, Hillbilly Blues, Medusa, On Stage
> Anyone growing these who can comment?
> Are they good ones, are they worth the price?

Hi Rob,

They may be well worth the money but be absolutely sure they are true to
type.  We have seen many there that are completely mislabelled, and I don't
think that it's the Walmart customers that are moving all those tags around.
It should be criminal to send out thousands of hostas mislabelled (I could
see some mislabelling in a large wholesale outfit, but not on the scale I
have seen the past few years).