Re: new hosta at Walmart

  • Subject: Re: new hosta at Walmart
  • From: "Ransom Lydell" <ranbl@netsync.net>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 00:32:13 -0400

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2001 8:41 AM
Although I think many of Wal-Mart's business practices are less than great, I was really refering to the people that supply them.  Between those cheep "overseas" sources, and Wa;-Mart is a grower.  That person or persons, Has made a decision what segment of the market they want to cater to.  In the Nursery business, we have ferrited out those grower/suppliers, and most nurserymen will not do business with them any longer.  At least two that I know of, subsiquently were dropped by Wal-Mart ( something they love to do) and have been forced out of business.  Couldn't have happened to more deserving guys !!  I hope the pain was intense!

Hi Ran,
I believe that part of the problem is the huge influx of product from overseas.  With cheap labor available in China, Walmart can source product from US TC propagators that actually orginated in China.
Hosta la Vista!
Andrew Lietzow
#1 Plantsman at http://HostaHaven.com
1250 41st Street