MRHS Convention: Your Auction Contributions Support Scientific Research

  • Subject: MRHS Convention: Your Auction Contributions Support Scientific Research
  • From: RBRSSR@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:39:54 EDT

Midwest Regional Hosta Society Annual Convention, Peoria, IL, July 5 - 8, 2001

Your Auction Contributions Support Scientific Research and Other Worthwhile
Projects, Please Donate Generously.

The Central Illinois Hosta Society will be hosting the 2001 Midwest Regional
Hosta Society (MRHS) Annual Convention in July. We are urging everyone to
attend and/or make generous plant donations for the auction.

Proceeds from the MRHS auctions support a variety of projects including the
scientific research currently being conducted on foliar nematodes by Dr.
Grewal ($3,000) and Dr. Lockhart's virus research ($3,000).

Contributions have also been made to other worthwhile projects, like the new
hosta book that the AHS is currently working on.

As with any auction, we are hoping to receive a few of the newest and rarest
plants. But, anyone who has attended an auction knows that it takes many
plants of a wide range of values to make a successful auction. There is
always demand for nice multiple divisions of the tried and proven favorites.

In addition to the Saturday main auction, we will have a silent auction
Friday night.

If you are unable to attend and would like to contribute, you could send your
plants with a friend or send a voucher for a plant that you would mail to the
high bidder. Another option for those of you in the business is to mail us a
gift certificate, which we would auction off. There were several gift
certificates auctioned off at last year's AHS convention in Minnesota.

Eliminating or at least learning how to minimize the damage done by hosta
pests and diseases would make hosta gardening even more enjoyable. Your
contributions to the annual MRHS auctions help us all get one step closer to
that reality. Please donate and bid generously.

If you have any questions, please contact Ray Rodgers, 5409 S. Airport Rd.,
Bartonville, IL 61607

Phone: (309) 697-9197 or (309) 675-5843       E-mail: RBRSSR@AOL.COM

Auction plants will be accepted at the Holiday Inn City Center, Thursday,
July 5 (6 PM - 8 PM) and Friday, July 6 (8 AM - 6 PM).