Praying Hands

Hi all,

There is a new addition to Van's catalog (and now my collection!) - H.
'Praying Hands'. He didn't have it in time to put it in his catalog.
$40.00. I have his permission to pass the word along.

My husband and I were at Van's today (spending our Gift Certificates and
alot more! - bye-bye budget :-) ) and when we arrived, one of the ladies
who works there mentioned a new one that had just arrived - PH. Well, I
start going half crazy since this has been on my wish list. Since Van
happened to be standing nearby, they asked him if it was actually for
sale yet. Yep, but he hadn't set a price yet, so after consulting the
Hosta Finder and going by what he paid for them, a price of $40 was set.

He told me he had one in his display garden, but it has been very slow
growing. I asked where it was in the garden so we could go look at it.
Well, what a guy, he told us to hop in one of the golf carts and he took
us to see PH. We had a mini tour of part of the garden hosted by Van
himself. Cool!! He pointed out American Halo and how pleased he was with
how well it was doing. He mentioned he had used ALOT of ProMix when it
was planted. AH is looking wonderful, but then most everything of his
looks great!

We happened to drive by H. Solar Flare and I told him that I had emailed
a pic of his SF to someone. I told him this person repsonded by asking
what Van fed it - groudhogs?! Van got a kick out of that.

We also told him about all the emails sent after Hosta College raving
about his catalog. He couldn't believe it, but was very, very pleased to
learn how well received it has been. I believe he actually said "You're
kidding?!" I said "Nope!!!!"  :-)

P.S. H. 'Cat's Eye' has also just arrived and is now available for