Hosta Eyes not Unfurling?

  • Subject: Hosta Eyes not Unfurling?
  • From: "Township" <township@acbm.qc.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 12:02:45 -0400

Hi Everyone
Would someone know why I have a few hostas that have eyes/pips (still not sure what to call them) that broke ground , grew an inch or 2, and stopped?  They're not growing any more, aren't unfurling, just sitting there!  I had a large 'Sagae' in a pot, half the plant grew normally , the other did what I described above.  I poked about and the eyes are firm, and looks like new buds are growing from the eyes that aren't.
Any ideas what happened?  Is it cold damage?
mail to:  "township@acbm.qc.ca"