WAde and Gatton

  • Subject: WAde and Gatton
  • From: "Rejean Millette" <bomil@total.net>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 22:02:14 -0400

Hi hostas lovers!

I spent few days at Van Wade's place in Ohio.

What a place. 2300 hostas in his private garden.
He sells more than 1500 different hostas.
He gives a plant for a new customer.

And this guy knows a lot about hostas. And Shirley knows a ot too.

You should see the big hostas: Sum and Substance 102 inches accross; Krossa Regal: 84 inches; Elvis Lives a huge one; and what about the Sagae: 84 inches, 108 leaves may be more.

Great host.

And you know? He will send free plants for our auction in September. Dan Lydell did too in Dunkirk.Ted Petit and Clarence Crochet are doing it too.

If you have a chance.....send some too.

Reggie D. Millette
President
Quebec Hostas and Hemerocallis Society.

P.S. I took more than 500 pictures for my book on hostas to be published in next March.