Re: Tree help...they are too slow!

  • Subject: Re: Tree help...they are too slow!
  • From: DaveJenningsNY@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:32:20 EDT

In a message dated 06/10/2003 8:56:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
KT1140@aol.com writes:

> This fall I'm removing a very large maple from my front yard and I would
> like
> to replace it with another tree to shade my hosta beds.
> I'm thinking about a Tricolor Beach, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Kent...Don't look for much shade from it in your lifetime...they are
fantastic trees, but such slow growers...especially the first few years.

The faster a tree grows though, the more weedy it becomes with weak branches
often damaged in the least little ice storm!

Sorry about that...
See you at First Look this weekend!  I'm really excited to be able to go for
a third time!
Best wishes,
David L. Jennings
20 Pine Street
Scotia NY 12302-2810
Cofounder and First President of the Upstate NY Hosta Society
Owner of Glenville Gardens, Popular and Exotic Hostas
Open by appointment only by calling us at (518) 393-0905
You may also make an appointment via E-mail