Re: 2004 Hosta registrations

  • Subject: Re: 2004 Hosta registrations
  • From: "Andrew Lietzow" alietzow@myfamily.com
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:57:16 -0500

Dear Bobby and list,

RE:>>The plants are nice, but the people make the adventure special.

How true.  Life has a way of getting really busy.  My list of projects seems to get longer as I age, not shorter.   Yet through it all, I've met some very nice people who have added great color to my garden, much more so than the plants.   After they are gone, I retreat back to the plants sometimes, because they provide respite from the challenges of humans.  When my batteries are recharged, there is barely anything more which I enjoy about life than being in someone else's garden and hearing their stories, or in mine sharing.

We're all cut a little different from the mold, so it is indeed the people who make this adventure special.   For most, I can apply that trusty adage, "I have never met a person (Hosta) that I didn't like".   I remember it coming from Russ O'Harra, but I imagine it was around for a long time before that.

May the summertime bring many moments for enjoying the garden and savoring the people...

I remain,
Andrew Lietzow
Get your own family web site at www.MyFamily.com!