Re: New Hostas

> Ok, I have a question. Who has the best, most affordable mail order
> hostas?
> Denise Nakon
Tough to answer since it depends on what you're looking for.  There are
places you can get some very cheap hostas from but they will probably
be young tc plants that will take a long time to establish.  If you're
looking for good quality established plants that will grow well and are
guaranteed true to type they'll cost more but are worth it.
My choices:
Eagle Bay Hostas
10749 Bennett Rd.
Dunkirk, NY 14048
Though for me that's not mail order I pick up my plants since it's
only an hour down the road and I usually end up finding something else I
like besides what I planned on.
Jim's Hosta
11676 Robin Hood Dr.
Dubuque,IA 52001
I haven't yet received my mailorder from Jim (that's because I asked
that they not be shipped until June, no complaint against Jim implied)
but I did pick up plants from him at Hosta College and the were very
Both of the above are on the hosta-open and have websites.

Also like Kuk's Forest Nursery
10174 Barr Road
Brecksville,OH 44141-3302

I received very nice plants, arrived when I asked for them.