Shipping Hostas---An Amateur's Method

Hi All!
I find this discussion of mailing hostas very informative.

Here is my method that has usually worked well: Night before I mail I put
hostas in a weak aqueous solution of Miracid and Captan, with only the roots
and crown in the solution.
Wrap the roots and crown with slightly dampened paper towels. Wrap this with
dry paper towels. Wrap then with aluminum foil. (For our English members, that
is aluminium foil.) Secure with rubber band. Put wadded newspaper in box for
ballast.
Punch holes in box.
Clyde Crockett z5