Re: "Just green" hostas

H. Permanent Wave" has plain green leaves.  They are very rippled, elongated
so that the length is about 8" by about 3".  The mound is about 2-3' high and
about 3-4' wide.  I have had this for about 5 years and it really took off
this year.  It is great to use for pollinating too, if you want rippled
seedlings.  I have some very nice crosses from it.

H. 'Lakeside Ripples' is much darker, almost a black/olive green with rippled
margins, but the leaf is broad.  It has so much substance, I could almost sit
on it!
  The leaves are sort of vase shaped and it gives you an arching impression.
This is also a great pollen plant and I crossed it with H. 'Sum and Substance'
last year and have some nice seedlings.

Write if I can add more.  See you.

Kay Dye, Edelstein, IL Zone 5, always pushing 6