Re: Design, arrangements

Joanne Pyszczek wrote:
> What are some of you favorite hostas for using in arrangements.  I know
> Krossa Regal works well what others would people recommend.  Also what
> sort of other material would you use?  I've used astibes and heucheras
> and occaissionally iris. Just trying to think up something different
> for this years show.  I'd really like to know how people use small
> or miniature leaves. Thanks
> Joanne
> jopyz@earthlink.net
  I've used small leaves in a small Ikebana style vase I have with a few
larger leaves thrown in. (Not huge leaves, but larger than the smalls).
I use some basic lancifolia leaves as a base, with some Pearl Lake
leaves, Kabitan, Hadspen Hawk, and Sparky for color contrast. As a
flower, I've added some fronds from a dwarf white astilbe (I think it's
an astilbe - could be dwarf goatsbeard).
  I must say, for a truly novice flower arranger, it doesn't look half
  I've also liked some mini hosta leaves in a shot glass. (Tiny Tears,
venusta, Masquerade) Just for fun.