Re: Fridays: Name this plant

CCREDUX@aol.com wrote:

> I suspect it is one of the "Fortunei Group," possibly Robusta or Obscura(since
> you mentioned a bluish cast). It could also be 'Elata'.
> How many pairs of veins? Is the flower distictly lavender/purple? What is the
> shape of the leaf?

I think the plant is too young yet to describe the shape of the leaf.
However, these 2 plants, seem to be more than just 1 year old. 2nd year

I also, do not think that they are from seedlings. A few others thought it
might be from seedlings. I saw 5 of the 6 plants they had for sale. All of
them were very robust, well developed, and several eyes. Mine had 11 and 14.
They looked more like a clump division. But I am NO expert.

How does one count the pairs of veins? That I could do.
peri, Ontario, CANADA, mailto:briard-hosta@kos.net