Re: H. Knockout confusion?

Kay Dye,

I don't believe that Knockout is considered a FW "look alike", howver I
have been wrong before.  Re the two different desriptions I have no idea as
to which one is correct.  I have always thought that Schmid used the
description taken from the cultivar registration.  Can anyone confirm this?

Diana grenfell is her book describes the one that is in the "trade".  What
I was questioning or wondering about was the classification by her of the
plant as large.  If mine will ultimately end up as a "large" sized hosta it
is going to take a lot of years to get there - that was why I was curious
about someone out their who has had this plant awhile (defined as ten or
more years) and the ultimate size that it obtained.

Regarding the one division after three years I think I would try half
sun/shade and fertilizer.  My seems to hold up well in an area that  would
be considered more than half sun.

I agree with Joanne that "knockout" looks like or could be confused with
"snow cap".  I think snow cap has more of a sieboldiana type leaf while
knockout has more of a fortunei type leaf.  Again, God knows, I have been
wrong before.

Roy Dales
Milton, VT
Z 3/4