Re: best hosta potting soil

I. T. Johnson wrote:
>  This mix lets me grow some big hostas in big pots.  I think you have
>  everything you need.

Can the hosta be left in this pot year-round, or do you have to
plant it it in the ground for winter? What type of pots are you using?
How big is this pot, measured in inches or feet.

I have been looking at using big pots for hostas, but was not sure what
type of container would carry it through the winter. Containers
would open up some more prime shade spots. It would also look great
around the pool.

peri, Ontario, CANADA, mailto:briard-hosta@kos.net