transporting cut leaf specimens

I am going to the convention next week and hope to show some cut leaves at the
show. My question to you more experienced types out there is 1)what is the
best way to transport the leaves-I am flying in .  2)do you have any pointers
on cleaning them for the show   3)any other do's and don'ts. I have never
shown hosta leaves before(I've dabbled with dahlias previously) but am
interested in learning about hostas by taking the judges clinic. As a student
judge I am trying to fulfill the ribbon requirement.

Ter Zn6
Cincy and sunny!